photo courtesy of Barry Rodriguez

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lasciamo

Lasciamo.

Roughly translated in Italian it means "let it go". I love that word - so much so that I use it every day for my personal creed. It's my reminder that regardless of how much something means to me, I have to let go, holding it with an open hand. Over the past few months this word has become my safety net....my security.

You see, the path that I am traveling down is so precious to me. The opportunity to actualize my heart's deepest desire - to bring hope to the lost children of world - is unspeakably priceless to me. But this journey has not come without its trials and valleys. I have had to fight my way through the fires, the floods, and the roadblocks. The task of putting a vision into concrete, tangible action is not as easy as it seemed in the beginning.

So each day I have to remind myself "Lasciamo." Let it go. Let go of the small, insignificant details and focus on the important things. Take each day as it comes. Do not be in a hurry to see results. Hold this opportunity with an open hand. Fight through the battles but do not lose heart.


No comments: